Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bet you thought I forgot ya.

Hi Twilighters. I just bet you think that I, a fellow Twilighter, had forsaken you. Not so. I must say that I've been doing some heavy thinking though. I suppose you can say that I've been soul searching and figuring out how to proceed.

It's true that when I started this blog I was so full of opinions and suggestions pertaining to the Twilight Saga that I felt I would bust if I didn't immediately start getting it all out. And it's also true that lately I've been rethinking my motives. What is my ultimate goal for this blog?


Let's face it: there's only so much you can say about one franchise. I knew this when I started blogging. But I just loved the Twilight books so danged much that I didn't worry about the future.

My interest in Twilight has waned. This has been coming on for a while. At first I thought I'd just keep rereading the books to keep them fresh in my mind and blog about the intricacies of those. But since I've decided to expand my area of writing and attempt a novel (or 2.. or 3) I just haven't had the time to devote to multiple rereadings nor the enthusiasm to convince myself I should.

So instead I thought I'd come up with unique ways to blog about the Saga like the 'alternate cast' blogs. While I still find that a valid idea, I have had to postpone that recently due to other pressing obligations. And then, it seems that the longer I go without blogging, the easier it is to forget to feel guilty about not blogging.

One thing's for certain, when I started this blog I never had to feel guilty about not blogging because I wanted to blog here more than anything else.

But then two things happened: 1 - after the first movie opened I could never quite recoup that insanely exciting feeling leading up to the Twilight premiere and 2 - during those long months until the release of New Moon I wrote weekly installments of an unrelated story to post on this blog to pass time. The ratio of my excitement was displaced from blogging Twilight hype to writing my own story. It became painfully clear to me that although I loved blogging Twilight stuff, my heart's desire had become making my own way in the world of writing. I yearn to create my own characters, places, situations. And most of all, I yearn for an audience to appreciate my stories too.

As of right now I have no plans to abandon the Twilight Saga Blog. But I will also continue to nourish my career as a writer, which may cause more sporadic posts here and an eventual demise to this blog. But before I go, I will leave bread crumbs for you, mi amigos, to a new more inclusive blog that may contain posts relating to Twilight but will also include general thoughts not strictly related to one topic. I will forever be grateful to the Twilight Saga Blog and you all for giving me a forum to express my thoughts creatively and also for teaching me more than I've ever known before about writing for an audience, sparking an eternal passion for the written word.

3 comments:

Twilight dude said...

good luck!

Ailora Blue said...

Twilight Dude,

Aww, thank you a bunch.

I really appreciate that!

Ailora

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com