Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whew! Madonna Rumor Proven False

Let us all take a deep sigh of relief. The nasty rumor circulating around the 'net is completely false. I don't know if you heard it or not, but there was talk of Madonna appearing in New Moon.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've listened to Madonna's music over the years and I recognize her as a marketing force of nature. That being said, I wouldn't want her to stink up New Moon. Because acting and singing are two completely different animals. And while her animal spirit for singing might be an uncaged Lioness, her acting animal spirit would be the equivalent of a garden slug.

Forgive me. But you know it's true. It seems like people in general get star struck and forget the facts. Anyone remember Swept Away? How about Body of Evidence? You know as well as I do that casting Madonna is a sure fire way to ensure that a little part of New Moon sucks.

Let me say that if she were to do a song or two for the soundtrack, I'd be 100% behind that. You go, Material Girl!

No comments: