Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who I would like to have seen cast as Marcus

Hi all. I just watched one of my very favorite actresses Parker Posey in a movie called Broken English. It was superb, by the way. But the reason I mentioned it is the actor who played the leading man. His name is Melvil Poupaud and let me just say OMG!! H.O.T. He sort of has that Gerard Butler-ish thing going on. VERY manly. Yum, I'm in love :)

Melvil seems very charming also. He's a French actor that I've never seen before but I plan on renting some of his other movies now. My point is this: Melvil has a very dark, European mystery about him that would have been great if utilized in the cast of New Moon somehow. I'm thinking as maybe one of the Volturri.. I love the idea of Michael Sheen as Aros and the kid playing Caius, Jamie Campbell-Bower, immediately just seemed right. BUT, the guy cast as Marcus really didn't evoke any strong Volturri vibes. Of course this is useless speculation and mainly just a reason to share pictures of this dreamy French actor. ..But also to see what you think as well!

(Footnote: If you love Parker Posey as I do, or are curious about one of the best actresses working today, let me recommend a few gems for you to check out. Parker is talented, current, sweet and always relatable! Watch her in The Daytrippers, The Oh in Ohio, Party Girl and Clockwatchers).

Broken English Poster:


Melvil Poupaud as Julien in Broken English:


As Julien, looking forlorn and very sexy:


Parker Posey & Melvil Poupaud, palpable chemistry:

No comments: