Sunday, November 2, 2008

Midnight Sun


Image borrowed from www.damnimcute.com

You know how I've been putting off finishing the partial Midnight Sun draft? Well, I've felt particularly self indulgent today. It is exquisite being in Edward's mind, I gotta say.

I mean, the most striking thing about Midnight Sun is the total consuming love Edward feels for Bella from pretty much the beginning. He knew before she did. It's so delicious learning that he was a gooey ball of love inside while having such a cool and aloof exterior. He really kept it hidden well in Twilight. Had Bella known Edward's feelings, imagine how much faster she'd have realized how completely and irrevocably she loved him.

I also really like hearing the normalcy of Edward's family life through his conversations with Emmett, Alice and Carlisle. It's so neat eavesdropping on their private world.

I really hope that Stephenie Meyer's reconsiders finishing Midnight Sun and I hope it's 1000 pages long. I know I've probably said that before but it's true. I want some new material on Edward and Bella.

Just when I think I'm over them, it creeps back up on me again. ~sigh~ I guess I'll just start reading the saga yet again.

No comments: