Monday, December 7, 2009

My 5 Favorite New Moon Scenes



I'm going to go see New Moon again tomorrow and I can't wait. It'll be #3 for me. Since our heads are all still swimming from the chemistry between Bella and Jacob (chemistry: Bella: 10%, Jacob: 90%) I just can't get it out of my mind!

Now I know that others have probably done lists like this, maybe even similar to mine. But I feel I must list my 5 favorite New Moon scenes. It should be done for posterity's sake. Let's not be surprised if it's very Jacob friendly.

5.) "Jacob in Bella's Bedroom" - I loved it when Jacob monkeyed his way up the outside of the Swann's house and slid right in through the window. Gosh! And the topper to the whole danged scene was that look on his face. He was so pleased with himself. It was a cocky look that's hard to explain. But I can tell you I've scene it time and time again on the faces of young men who, in the attempt to impress a girl, pull off some macho, physical feat perfectly. Yes, that and the bare-chested Jacob hug that followed. All things in between those two events are a blur to me right now. Maybe I'll catch it next time.


4.) "Meet the Volturi" - Finally, we got to see the inside of that tower. It was interesting watching the interactions of the Volturi members. Aro's cruel disdain, Marcus' ageless ennui, Caius' indignant petulance. All very intriguing.

3.) "Jacob & Bella Motorcycle ride / tumble" - AKA 1st shirtless Jacob scene. It was so highly anticipated and well worth the wait. It was almost a magical moment when Jacob gallantly shed his very own clothing to tend to the needs of a lady, long hair cascading down perfectly chiseled bronze shoulders. ~sigh~

2.) "Victoria / Wolf Fight, Harry heart attack, Bella Cliffdiving Montage" - I've mentioned this one before. It's a dialog free scene, a montage really, used to propel the story forth. It's score is Thom Yorke's Hearing Damage. That song fit so eloquently for the scene. It was a masterful combination, very memorable.

1.) "Almost kiss in the kitchen" - Are you surprised? Really? Come on! The way I swooned during the movie and gushed to you online afterwards?! When Jacob closes in on Bella, practically pinning her against the counter in her father's kitchen, DEMANDING that she respond. I just... I can't take it. It was too sublime. He leans in, all manly like, his lip grazing hers, taunting us. She, succumbing. You can almost hear her brain working. She was into it. Oh yeah. That damned Edward!
 
I realize now that my list is glaringly devoid of an Edward entry. I didn't set out to exclude him. The fact is, when I began thinking on my favorite New Moon scenes, none of his came up. There are a couple reasons for this, I suppose. First off, dear Edward was absent most of the movie. That's okay, but since it happened that way, there was less time to be enamored of that beautiful brooding boy. And secondly, New Moon was intentionally Jacob's time to shine. And shine he did. So since I've always given excessive adulation to Mr. E. Cullen on this blog, I feel justified in expressing my honest appreciation for Jacob in New Moon (and the upcoming Eclipse too, I imagine). So, hail the time of the wolf! For it is joyous and sadly, fleeting.

I still <3 you, Edward!! Super big image: enjoy!!


2 comments:

V. said...

wow. I so agree. The chemistry between Bella and Jacob on screen was breath taking. And I mean it is hard to not fall in love with Jacob. His chizzled body, tan skin, dark hair and eyes...everything about his screams "strong and in control". And when Edward (although I do love him in the books) took off his shirt on to "make a scene" I wasn't impressed. In fact, disgust is a word I would use. There was certainly no comparison between the two. Well disappointment would be better word. I mean I understand that you have to be pale and cold to be a vampire but he could have been a little more sculpted...he wasn't at all what I imagined him to look like by the book description. None the less, I loved the move. I will most certainly be buying it to add to my Twilight collection.

Ailora Blue said...

Hi V.!
I had to post a reply as soon as I read your comment. You nailed Jacob with 'strong and in control'. Isn't that a dreamy quality?

And with Edward... Yeah, it's funny you said his shirtless scene disgusted you because I was looking at the picture where he was shirtless in the alley, about to walk into the sun and something about it just didn't set right with me. It's almost creepy!

And again, I agree that in the books Edward was just as irresistable as Jacob and I do really like Rob as Edward, but his shirtless scene in New Moon did nothing for me. It sort of looked like his washboard stomach was airbrushed on. LOL

Well, I'm off to see New Moon again. Thanks for posting such great thoughts!