Friday, December 11, 2009

New Moon: Viewing #3 Under My Belt, #4 Tomorrow



I went to see it again Wednesday… And so I’m all a tingle again. I went alone and I have to tell you, it was magical. I really was absorbed in the story. Usually I feed off the reaction of whoever is with me and while it is really super fun to share that experience with friends, there is something I cherish about hunkering down by myself and giving myself over to the inundation of sites and emotions on the screen. I’d had a bad day Wednesday and I felt I owed myself this treat. I forgot everything from the day and was pulled into the story completely. I almost teared up in parts. I was so drawn into the story and was even feeling Edward’s plight. My emotions were raw. Two hours of suspended bliss. Crazy!

Ah, Stephenie, what tales she masterfully weaves! How dare she hijack my emotions so completely. Once again. Did she sell her soul to old Beelzebub or something? Such rich, three dimensional, irresistible characters! I’m in love again, for real. I dwell on those intriguing Quileute words softly uttered in the kitchen and imagine myself the recipient of such intoxicating ardor. It's quite an exquisite feeling, getting so utterly enthralled in something.. I hope you have all seen New Moon. It is sooo good!


By the way, I've Googled that Quileute phrase (that Jacob said to Bella in the kitchen right before the 'almost' kiss) to see what it means and I guess Taylor Lautner spent time in La Push doing movie research and he learned the phrase from a Quileute elder. He knows the meaning and it was his idea to add it to the scene. But he's not giving up the meaning of it. General consensus seems to be that it means "Stay with me, forever."


Just when I think I can't like Jacob any more than I already do. . .



Dang that Jacob… yummy. J

No comments: