Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 of Jacob Half a Dozen of Edward

Er, you know the old saying '6 of one, half a dozen of the other'. That's where I'm at right now in regards to picking a camp. Am I a wolf girl or vamp chick? I thought for sure during the first 2/3s of New Moon that I was leaning toward Team Jacob. But when Bella rescues Edward in Volterra, Italy, his love is so consuming and intoxicating and even more focused and on fire than before he broke her heart that it's extremely hard to resist him. It's no wonder women all over the world are enamoured of Edward.

How can we not be?? He's just so committed ...and there. I love him, I swear it. He melts my heart. His attentiveness is addictive instead of smothering. There was something triumphant about his return. I realized that throughout the whole book, on some level, it's what I was actually looking forward to. It kind of snuck up on me.

It seems impossible that Stephenie Meyer conceived of such a love, I've never heard of anything on this level in the real world, unfortunately. I can believe she is a devout Mormon. A concept of love so pure has to come from a devotedly loving mind.

Okay, just thought I'd share with you my state of mind as I continue traveling on the wonderful journey of the fictitious lives that touch me, and all of us, in such a real way.

More later Twilighters.

No comments: