Sunday, April 19, 2009

EW.com's 15 New Faces in 'New Moon'

Please see the link below to view picture and profiles of 15 exciting new additions to the cast of New Moon.

EW.com's 15 New Faces in New Moon

Some you've already heard about. But this is a tidy compilation of who's who so far. I am very please by the list. I'm more excited about the movie now than before! I know you will be too. I believe a few things are going on here.

1. Chris Weitz must have some connections and fine reputation in Hollywood to score some of the names he has for New Moon.

2. The powerful success of Twilight has paved the way for New Moon in that the saga has drawn the attention of especially talented actors.

3. There were smart decisions on the part of director and casting agent as the La Push gang and other Quileute characters are comprised of mostly unknown Native American and First Nation actors. Majorly cool.

The mixture of respected, known actors and relatively unknown talent will make for a kick ass movie going experience. The motley crew that comprises the Volturi couldn't be more impressive.

I'm just jazzed about the whole thing, if you can't tell. Additions that I am most eagerly awaiting are:

1. Michael Sheen as Aros. Michael in day to day life is a regular looking sort. But he has that special 'Gary Oldman' quality. He is a chameleon. He is able to morph himself both physically and inherently into whatever character he's portraying. He's very intuitive as an actor, and that makes him stunning to watch. You'll love him, I promise.


2. Graham Greene as Quileute tribal leader Harry Clearwater. He's perfect! Who doesn't love this guy? He's got the most expressive face. He looks introspective, wise and kind. Remember him as Kicking Bird in Dances With Wolves? I loved him in that. He was also in Die Hard: With A Vengeance. ...I loved him in that too. He's always a great choice. If for no other reason, I'd watch this movie to see him!


3. Cameron Bright signed on to play Jane's twin Alec. You may not recognize his name immediately but you'll recognize his face. He usually plays characters that are disturbing (Birth), scary (Godsend) or other-worldly (Ultraviolet). He has an ethereal quality, especially for someone so young. I think he'll do wonderful as Alec. He has all the right stuff.


4. Tinsel Korey as Emily, beautiful but scarred fiancee of Sam Uley. Emily is definitely one of the more intriguing non-central characters of New Moon. I admit I've never heard of Tinsel Korey before but that is okay, it's good to see new faces in movies. It's like meeting the character for the first time and not being distracted because you know the actor from previous works. Also, Tinsel Korey is just plain beautiful. She is exactly as I imagined Emily. She's perfect.


I am pleased by the cast over all. I just wanted to point out a few actors that I'm ecstatic over and that got me looking forward to New Moon more than I could have ever hoped to.

New Moon is going to rock our socks.

No comments: