Friday, April 3, 2009

A Little TWILIGHT Experiment...

Hiya! I've decided to conduct a little experiment. I haven't read any of the Twilight books since before Twilight the movie opened. And here lately I've genuinely been missing it; the words, the details of Forks, nuances of Edwards looks explained, all the stuff not included in the movie.


I got Twilight out last night, right before I went to bed. Understand, I have a cold right now and the pinnacle of feeling crappy was around 9 PM last night. So, I get Twilight out, and I read the prologue, planning to start the book the next day..


Then I go ahead and read the first page. I felt miserable but I just couldn't tear myself away from those alluring words. Before I knew it, I was 60 pages in. I barely was able to set it aside and finally succumb to the rest I needed.


So I guess that no matter how many times you read the books, the words and phrases so artfully strung together by Mrs. Meyer will always have an intoxicating pull on the readers.


I am glad it's been so long since I've read them though because the details are unfamiliar to me again. Oh sure I remember the story and my favorite parts, but all the details are new again. I love that, even though I'll never be able to experience it like the first time I read it.



I've noticed something after having seen Twilight the movie so many times. Now when I read anything in the book that is in the movie too, I keep picturing the scene in the movie. It's somewhat annoying to me! I loved how my imagination filled in the blanks and built all the minute substances and situations. I am trying hard to push those images out of my head. Because although I love the movie, it's Catherine Hardwicke's vision of Forks and how it all went down there, not mine. I want my details back.



I'll keep posting on things I notice. I'm curious to see if I'm so heatedly drawn back into Edward's world with wild abandon, totally forsaking my real life to stick my nose in a book. The fact that there is a (very real) chance that that may happen is a little bit scary. But honestly, it's more exciting than anything and I'm looking forward to it!


Bring on the achy yearning for that glittering vampire manboy!

No comments: