Monday, April 6, 2009

It was a Rainy Day in Forks Cambridge

Okay, so I'm treating this reading of Twilight like a new lover, taking it slow and easy. Enjoying every moment, feeling every sensation. I headed out to my car for lunch today and read a few pages of one of my favorite parts; the drive home from Port Angeles. When I got outside to my surprise it was raining, instead of the crappy snow that was predicted.
I am a lover of rain. I mean like, think of the person you know who really likes the rain. I'm ten times as bad as that guy (unless you know me, of course). Blame it on my Scottish roots, or my 'sunny' disposition :) or my preoccupation with all things goth. Any way you slice it, a storm cloud on the horizon will always bring a smile to my face.
I've always felt like when it's raining, there is a electric charge in the air. I feel like it's easier to breath. I just feel more alive and ...content. I have different feelings associated with different types of rainstorms. But more than anything I like a straight down, soaking, drenching, non-stop all day rain. Today's rain wasn't quite that good, but as seldom as we've been getting it lately, I'll take anything I can get (yet, another parallel to my sex life. Hardy har har.)
So I get out to the car and dive into my book. Here I am literarily and literally submerged in a rainy world. It makes it that much easier to live the story, to put myself in Bella's shoes. The temperature in the car was kind of on the cool side and that was a constant reminder of Edward's beautiful, frigid skin. The comparison coaxingly elicited thrilling shivers from me.
Needless to say, that half hour went by WAY to quickly. Call it a mini mental holiday. A moment in time immortalized in my mind as one perfect Twilight reading experience.

No comments: